Sunday, September 21, 2014

Balance and Composure

This week is sort of an eye opener with me. I've shared constantly my struggle with the month and trying to achieve and learn simultaneously. And of course it has been a roller coaster and quite difficult. I've realized I haven't been able to connect as easily to my work like I have in the past. I'm completely out of my element and comfort zone.

As much as I get comfort from working at home, there isn't much motivation to it at all. I'm  at home frying my brain because there isn't someone a foot away I can lean over to communicate with. Fortunately, I can communicate with my class online but I feel it's not as effective as it could be in person that's why I've refrained from using it so. But ultimately, I believe I may have to begin using it more often to feel less of a castaway or outcast.

I've come to the conclusion that the reason why I've been dragging along this month, is because I've yet to balance my life out. I've been too stuck in my own mind and blurring the lines of Work and Home. You should never mix the two. EVER. I mean, yes, there are moments that your personal life come into play with your work and that's perfectly fine but what I'm saying is, for me, there hasn't been quite a distinction and I think that hurts me academically and creatively.

Recently, I have taken steps to step back and look at my work objectively and instead of emotionally. I've been to caught up in my emotions from my personal life where I've knocked my work out of sight and that is a big inconvenience.

Slowly but surely, coming to terms of getting balance back into my life, staying composed when things go astray and recovering from that damage I've caused myself, it's going to get there. Baby steps, but stepping forward.

--Kimberly Dinh

No comments:

Post a Comment